Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

My food addiction is getting out of control again

Started by Anonymous, September 17, 2014, 09:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I've been binging on Halloween candy for the second day in a row.

I'm beginning to think that I need to go to rehab, or have someone supervise me 24/7 so I don't eat certain foods.

Anonymous

I've always been addicted to things.

I once had a problem with alcohol, but not anymore. I got it down to an average of one drink per month this year.

I once had a problem with internet, but not anymore. I only use the computers at the unemployment office for looking for a second job. I only use social media at the internet cafe a few hours a week.

So why is my food problem so hard to kick?

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"I've been binging on Halloween candy for the second day in a row.

I'm beginning to think that I need to go to rehab, or have someone supervise me 24/7 so I don't eat certain foods.

RDL, my son would only eat junk food if he was allowed..

Have you looked at healthy alternatives to snack food and candy?

There is a lot to choose from.

Romero

Quote from: "RDL"I've been binging on Halloween candy for the second day in a row.

My goodness, it's still September!

Glad to hear about beating your alcohol and internet addictions, but sad to hear about your candy addiction. I tried checking teh internets for some advice but it's the pretty usual stuff. And I don't see how you could have someone monitor you 24/7. You gotta do it on your own.

Your candy addiction is hard to kick because you're always craving at least something. No surprise that sugar and fat fits the bill, and a pack of candy or chocolate is cheap and easy this time of year.

You have to replace it with something healthier. Do something else instead, or eat snacks that are healthy but sweet. Fruit, maybe dried fruit, or even just a flavourful gum.